Wednesday, March 23

PCC

This past weekend, I participated in a volunteer experience called Project Community Convergence, also known as PCC. PCC is put on by the SWAV club on campus. SWAV stands for Students With a Vision. The group of students that I volunteered with went to Rochester City School Number 39. There, we painted the cafeteria and taped other rooms that will be painted this coming weekend. We spent from 8:00-3:00 painting! We had sooo much fun painting the cafeteria! The room was a huge room and it took us most of the day to paint!!

I was so glad that I was able to volunteer my time and give back to the community! What also made me really happy was School 39 was one of the schools that I had to do my field work hours for teaching at, so I already knew some of the teachers and students there and I know they will really enjoy the new look to the cafeteria! It felt great to be able to give back to the community and know I was making a difference.

Talk to you next week!

Brittany

No comments: