Thursday, November 1

The middle of the week brings up a "slow" day for me. I only have one class today, which is nice because then I can go to work and get some homework done. After I leave class I go directly to work in the library. I work in the Systems Department, so I basically play with computers. It's more complicated than it seems, but that's how I describe it to my friends and family. In essence, I assist the librarians with computer and technology tasks, and assure that the online functions of the library all work correctly. After work, I have a short seminar for my Resident Assistant position. Here we have ongoing training to help us grow and develop as RAs and leaders on Fisher's campus. This seminar is really one of my highlights of the week. My classmates have awesome personalities and our instructor brings a large dose of enthusiasm to the seminar. It's a very relaxed environment where we are able to gain more skills and develop as Resident Assistants. When the seminar is over, I typically go back to my room and do some homework. Tonight I'll be on duty. Every night, in each residential area, there is an RA on "duty". What this means is that we are the people responsible for the happenings of our area and responding to any incidents that may or may not occur. So tonight, that go-to-guy is me. The requirements of being on duty are carrying a radio (to dispatch Safety and Security, if needed), and to stay in your residential areas between the hours of 7:00 PM and 12:00 AM on weeknights and 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM on the weekends. This is one of my favorite parts of my RA position, but I'll tell you more about the fun things I get to do in the future.

Dusty

No comments: