Tuesday, September 1

Summer Comes to a Close

Hi Everyone,


I’ll start with introducing myself. My name is Kaylee Kramer and I’m from Henrietta, NY. I’m a junior Communications/Journalism major with a concentration in Advertising. I also have a double minor in Peace and Social Justice Studies and Visual and Performing Arts. On campus I am an active leader being: President of our campus drama club, Fisher Players, and directing the musical in the Fall (which this year will be The Wedding Singer); Student Government Association Senator for the Visual and Performing Arts Clubs, a second year peer advisor for freshmen seminar courses, and a member of the CORE team for Orientation.


Speaking for orientation, it’s right around the corner. Preparations for orientation have been taking place since last semester. As a member of the CORE team, I am one of ten students that have been organizing orientation all summer. I’m so excited to move on to campus tomorrow to get training started this week for freshmen orientation. We have approximately 80 upperclassmen students that will be coming to campus this upcoming week to meet with faculty and staff to get ready for the freshmen. The theme for orientation this year is Disney and it will certainly be a wonderful world that the freshmen are welcomed to here at Fisher.


HOMECOMING is approaching quickly as well. It is the first full week of classes this year and is going to be CRAZY! We have Fall Fest that week which is a huge carnival that all the clubs have stations and there are tons of prizes for students to win. The Involvement Festival is that week as well where everyone can see what the clubs and organizations on campus have planned for this year at Fisher (it’s always a big hit). And we have the Courage Bowl that weekend, which is home this year. The Courage Bowl is a football game against the University of Rochester that we have every year and all the proceeds go to Camp Good Days and Special Times. It’s one of the biggest games we have every year and is always a great time for everyone that attends, especially the Fisher students because SJFC usually wins.


I’m also excited to start the musical this fall, The Wedding Singer. Auditions are the first full week of classes, so I’ll be ordering the scripts, music and other materials on Monday. Hopefully the set will be started soon as well, which is always the worst part to finish before show week. I directed The Wizard of Oz last fall. That was a large endeavor for me because I was only a sophomore and had never directed a show before; however, the upperclassmen really helped me with all their knowledge of campus and resources we could use for the show.

This year will definitely be exciting, fun, different and busy. I can’t believe how the time flew by this summer but I’m so excited that a new year is starting TOMORROW!


Til we meet again,

Kaylee

No comments: