Monday, March 29

Students with a Vision

Hello Everyone!

Last week I talked about how I was planning on going on the SWAV (Students with a Vision) PCC trip to paint schools and do some yard clean-up outside of various city schools. I was assigned to school 10 and it was a school for grades K-2. We painted their cafeteria for them, and also picked up sticks around the facilities so that the yards could be raked later on. It was a lot of fun and really made me feel good about helping out the community. I am considering joining SWAV myself next year so I can participate in more activities like this one.
Not only was it a great opportunity to give back to the community but also to get to know kids from Fisher that I don’t necessarily hang out with on a regular basis. It was a great way for me to meet new people since I am generally a pretty shy person.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week : )

-Kristi

No comments: