Wednesday, February 23

29th Teddi Dance for Love

This weekend the Teddi Dance for Love was held on the Fisher campus. This dance is a 24 hour dance marathon that raises money for Camp Good Days and Special Times. These organizations were started to support children and their families as they fight cancer.
My friends and I are on the committee that plans the dance. We have worked hard all year to plan the best one yet! At the beginning we were all very excited and ready to dance. As the night went on it got harder and harder to stay awake. The thing that kept us going in the earlier hours of the morning was the hourly inspirations. Each hour a subcommittee captain would go on stage and read a paragraph about a cancer patient that has benefited from Camp Good Days. Even though our inspirational people had already lost their battles to cancer we kept dancing to give hope to new campers faced with this disease.
Near the last hours of the dance we had a visit from some of the current campers of Camp Good Days. It is always my favorite part of the dance because I love to see the kids have fun despite their situations. The courage and strength of these children is amazing.
Although this is the last Teddi Dance I attended as a Fisher student I hope to come back as an alumni dancer next year. I can't wait for Teddi 30!!! It's going to be the best one yet!

Kiersten

No comments: