Thursday, November 17

Zumba! Zumba! Zumba!

This morning I woke up awfully sore, and I was confused because this was the same pain I woke up with after a basketball game in high school. Then, I remembered what my Tuesday afternoon had consisted of…..ZUMBA! Not only did this activity kick my rear end into shape, but it also helped me to make everyone else in the room feel better about themselves.

Let’s make this perfectly clear; I am a terrible dancer. I cannot, absolutely cannot follow a step to save my life. However, I am the kind of person who embraces such an embarrassing quality, so please do not pity me. If anyone ever needs a good laugh, come watch me Zumba.

The instructor was really into the dance/exercise routines; she would sing and dance a pro. This made me feel like if I could imagine what I was doing as exactly what she was doing, then I knew at that moment I was a pro too. I burned more calories in the half hour I stayed and sweat more in the half hour than if I stayed an entire hour at the gym. I pay too much attention to the TV at the gym. This was a great way to distract me from the upcoming weeks of tests and projects that were going to be due. Everyone needs a stress reliever, and Zumba will do it for you.

Until next time………Later!

Lindsey

No comments: