Wednesday, January 27

Whew

So the first week of classes is finally over, and I'm back into the swing of college life again. Having those three weeks off was a nice break but it feels good to be back. All of my professors are extremely nice and seem to be pretty laid back about things. For one of my classes, the professor admitted to not liking to grade papers, so he said we will only have two papers to write! That was relieving to hear because in my Research & Writing class the professor made it very clear that almost all of the assignments we would be doing would be essays, which is a bummer. But what else would you expect from an English class?

This weekend I had a ton of homework to do, so I spent the majority of Saturday in the library. Everything was going really well until I couldn't find any information on the research topic I chose to spend the entire semester researching and writing about, so I got a little nervous. After sitting there for a good 20 minutes I remembered that I could ask the reference librarian for help. I had never done that before so again I was a little nervous. After I mustered up the courage to go ask her for help, she taught me how to use Fisher's library database that is connected to almost 20 research databases. We found a lot of information about my topic and a cool thing about some of the databases is that actually gave me the citations for the articles! So with all of my research out of the way, I spent the rest of the night relaxing and watching movies with my roommate. A good way to end the day and the week.

Talk to you next week,
Staci

No comments: