Wednesday, July 14

The Boilermaker 2010


After putting the treadmills in Fisher’s Fitness Center to good use all year long, I finally ran my first Boilermaker this Sunday in Utica, NY. Utica hosted its 33rd Boilermaker this Sunday which is a 15K Road Race (9.3 miles). The race gathered over 13,000 runners this year, a new record, making it the largest Road Race in North America! I was proud to see a few of my fellow Fisher students also participating in the race as well.

I placed 2,929 out of over 13,000 runners so I was pretty happy with my results in the race. Afterwards there is a big concert near the finish line where runners can gather for free food, refreshments, and music. After my success at the Boilermaker I’ve decided to run the Rochester Marathon this September. The marathon can be run relay style so I’ll be splitting the 26.2 miles with 3 of my friends. The Rochester Marathon actually runs right past Fisher so it will be a good motivation to keep on running!

I’m glad to hear that Fisher will soon be the home of the new Polisseni Track & Field Complex! Construction starts this August after the Bill’s complete their summer camp. I’ll be able to start working out not only in the Student Life Center’s Fitness Center, but also out on our very own Track! Looks to me like the Cardinal Athletics are really moving up in the world!

Until later,

Jeff

No comments: