Tuesday, July 6

Fun in the Sun

HEATWAVEEEEE! This holiday weekend has been a scorcher! For the holiday, I spent Friday and Saturday in Buffalo while Sunday and Monday I soaked in the rays at Oak Hill. Overall I have no complaints :)

I can’t believe it, but graduating next year creeps closer and closer each day! With that said I’ve given more and more thought to my future and if I plan to stay in the Greater Rochester area. I recently looked at what Rochester looks like as a city and thought I should share some of my findings with all you prospective/current students!

With a metro population of 1,036,000 Rochester has made Forbes list several times for its dynamics as a city. Consisting of 18 higher education institutions, low healthcare costs and short commutes this places Rochester at #3 for Best Places to Raise a Family, #70 Overall Best Places for Business and alone is the country’s 79th largest city.

Rochester is also proximal to a major market without the expense of major market prices. With Wegmans Food Markets and Bausch & Lomb as the Largest Private Companies in the area and Monroe Muffler Brake as the Best Small Company.

While kids and raising a family may not be the first thing that comes to mind, it’s comforting to know that regardless of the economy, Rochester is a growing city and in fact DOES have a lot to offer!

Until next time,

Nicole <3

P.S. Below are pictures from when I was in Cali :)

Im lovinnnn the SuNsHiNE….


No comments: