Tuesday, October 12

Peace. Love. Fisher Players.

Last Friday night, Fisher Players, a musical group on campus hosted a Disney Cabaret to raise money for this year's musical "Cinderella". Fisher Players is a drama group that has a Fall musical and a Spring play each year on campus. This is my first year in Fisher Players and I am loving it! We meet a couple nights throughout the week to learn music, act, sing and just have a great time with all our friends. The cabaret was a collection of songs and acts put into a show starring Fisher students, including yours truly!

My partner Ned and I sang "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. It was terrifying and wonderful all at the same time! At first we were quiet and timid, but by the end we were singing our hearts out and everyone was cheering for us. It was a great feeling to have all my friends there watching.

Just Wing It, the Fisher improv group and Measure 13, an acapella group were also a part of the cabaret. These groups also give Fisher students a chance to get to know each other, have fun, and perform for our campus.

I can't wait for the performance of Cinderella in November!!!

Kiersten

No comments: