Wednesday, November 10

Family Weekend!

This past weekend was family weekend! There were a bunch of different activities and events happening on campus that you could do with your family. My dad came out Saturday for the day which I was very excited about! Saturday morning was the Dean’s List Ceremony. This ceremony was to recognize the students who made the Dean’s List for the past two semesters. To make the Dean’s List you have to have earned a GPA of a 3.5 or higher. At the ceremony, the Vice President of Student Affairs and the School of Arts and Sciences Dean spoke. We were then presented with academic excellence awards. The ceremony was really nice and I was so glad my dad came out for it! After the ceremony, my dad came and had brunch in the dining hall with me! Parents always love eating in the dining hall!! After we ate, we went to the football game. Fisher was playing Springfield College. The game was sooo good, but unfortunately we lost the game. It was especially sad for me because being a senior that was my last Fisher football game. Now I do believe everyone when they say your 4 years in college go by fast! It just seems like yesterday that I was a freshman going to my first Fisher football game!

After the game, my friends and I went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings. My friend’s dad and grandma were also out here for family weekend so it was nice to all have dinner together!

I had a really great weekend and I am glad I got to spend it with my dad! Two weeks from today I will be going home for the first time all semester!! It will be nice to finally be able to relax!!

Have a great week!

Brittany

No comments: