Wednesday, January 19

Welcome Back!

This semester is going to be a busy one! I've just become a new Resident Assistant and already there seems to be no time! The new RAs and I came back to school a whole week early to train and get to know each other. Training was a blast! My favorite part was going ice skating at the end of the week with the reslife staff. It was a lot of fun, but now its back to school work. I'm taking it easy on classes this semester because Fall was crazy!

Being involved on campus is fun, but it can also be difficult if you pile on too much responsibility. I'm still working on finding a happy medium between classes, clubs and work. Teddi, Commuter Council, Residential Life, Student Ambassador work, Fisher Players, independent research, the list never ends! I love everything I'm involved in and I have to carefully plan my time to make sure I'm fulfilling all my duties. Time management will be my biggest challenge this semester! Hopefully as time progresses I'll be able to work out a schedule for everything.

If planned carefully, involvement on campus is a great opportunity to meet new people, try new things, and work on skills you can use for the future. Because of my involvement in so many different aspects of Fisher I have gained some great friends and have also had awesome opportunities!

See ya!

Kiersten

No comments: