Monday, October 24

[From Friday Oct 21]

Hello all!

This week has been a crazy one! With projects, presentations, and tests being studied for and completed, but oddly enough it kind of went by fast! TGIF! I am so excited to sleep in this weekend and catch up on more homework. One very important thing happened this week though; I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE FOREIGN STUDY PROGRAM!!!!! This means that I am going to London, England this spring to take classes and learn all about the culture. Can you tell I am beyond excited?!?! I have never been out of the country, well besides Canada (does that count? Haha). I have always wanted to study abroad to experience a new country and all it has to offer and Fisher allows me to do so! Fisher provides different affiliated programs that students can study through, for example I am going through the AIFS program (American Institute of Foreign Study). The application process was not bad either, since most of it is completed online. And if you get stuck at any point Terry May, the Foreign Study Director is willing to help you out. If you choose to study abroad and go through an affiliated program at Fisher, the process is so much easier as well. Financial Aid stays the same and you get credit for all the classes you take abroad, there is no risk! Don’t worry I will blog about EVERYTHING that happens in the spring because I am so excited to be given this opportunity! I definitely suggest looking into it; I bet it will be a life-changing experience for all of you! There are also over 100 different places you can choose to study at, I honestly prefer places that speak English ;) But many of my friends have studied abroad in places that do not speak English, and they have loved it and learned the language very quickly! So if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Cheers! (Might as well practice now!)

-Amanda

No comments: