Monday, November 7

Hi All!

I hope everyone had a safe and FUN Halloween on Monday. This week has been a very, very, VERY busy one for me, as the semester is coming to a quick close. There is so much to keep track of in the Education Program and sometimes, it’s hard to stay on track! I am in the midst of several important assignments and anxiously waiting for Thanksgiving Break, so I can be home for a few days :)

Course Registration is in less than two weeks and tensions are running higher, since people are hurrying to meet with their Academic Advisors and designing the best possible schedule for Spring. In college (not just at Fisher), this time of year is stressful because students are getting more and more work before the semester ends in 6 weeks. However, Fisher does a wonderful job of providing stress-free activities during the week, through our Diversity office, Student Activities Board (SAB), and Student Government Association (SGA). There is always something fun to enjoy during the week to clear our heads a bit and re-focus later.

Tuesday is Election Day (for local positions) and for the first time, I was hired as an Election Day worker. I signed up through my Service Scholarship supervisor and thought it was a great way to make extra money! I am mentally preparing myself for the long day of work; we have to be up at 3 a.m. for breakfast and work until 10 p.m. at night. :( I might never recover from the 17-hour day! Wish me lots of luck, please!

I must get back to homework now, I’ll write again soon!

Have another fantastic week,

Brittany

No comments: