Monday, November 7

Hi Guys!

I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween like I did. It was a crazy week and I am happy that it is over with. It’s that time of year when the school work just keeps piling up. I feel like I always have something to do and sometimes I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done. I remember my first semester freshmen year and how overwhelmed I was because classes and homework are nothing like high school, so I wanted to give you guys some tips on how to manage time so you don’t feel overwhelmed next year like I did. One of the things I find to be most helpful in managing my time is having a planner. I write down all my homework and tests in my planner so I know what is due and when. This will keep you from forgetting about certain things and it will definitely keep you organized. Another big thing for college students (especially freshmen) is procrastination. Procrastination is your worst enemy! I cannot even tell you the number of times I have taken a “quick” break from homework or studying to go on Facebook and ended up getting distracted for an hour. I think it is important early on to come up with ways to cut down on procrastinating. If I really need to get work done and can’t be distracted I go to the library on the quiet floor. There are no distractions there and I make sure I don’t bring my computer because it is too much of a temptation. My best piece of advice would be to become friends with the library. It is the best place to get work done and when you don’t have any distractions you will get your work done a lot faster and understand it better. My last tip would be to utilize your weekends and your days off. I know that weekends are typically the time when you guys want to relax and do nothing, but I think it is the best time to get work done. I use my weekends to do work so I am not stressed during the week. Being organized is a huge part of college and if you are organized you will definitely have an easier time getting things done and it will cut down on the stress. I hope these tips helped! Don’t forget we have another Open House this weekend so if you can I would recommend coming! Have a great week!

-Maggie

No comments: