Tuesday, May 1


Hello all,

I can’t believe I am actually saying this but I only have two weeks left in London.  The time has flown by incredibly fast, I can’t even explain it.  This has been the best experience of my life, so if you get the chance to study abroad I definitely encourage you to do so! This experience changes you as a person entirely; you become more mature, and have a whole new view on the world.  It also becomes extremely addicting to travel from country to country.  I am going to be so sad when I leave my new home because I have fallen in love with the city.  I can definitely see myself moving back here at some point in my life, hopefully for a job! Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled to finally see my family as well as my friends (because it has been 4 and a half months!) but I am going to miss all my new friends and the city itself!  I never would have thought that I would fall in love with a city, I am more of a suburbs girl, but like I already said, I have changed! 
I am trying to make every second count for the next two weeks.  However, it is going to be slightly difficult because I have five finals to study for....a little piece of advice, do NOT take five classes if you study abroad, it is too much work topped with all the travelling and exploring you will want to do!  But anyway, every day I plan to squeeze something in that I have not been able to do yet because I want to make the most of my time.  I call them my ‘study-breaks!’ Yesterday we went to a new market that we had not been too, called Bricklane, it was in the East-end of London in a very cool area!  Today we went and found the house that was used in the film The Parent Trap! It is one of my favourite movies!!! So it was pretty cool to see the house used in the film.  To make it even better, my group of friends decided to take a study break last night and watch the movie! So it was nice and fresh in our minds :) We are super cool, I know!! Tomorrow we plan on going to the Kensington Palace, because it has not been open until just recently, it was closed for construction, so we finally can go see it! I am excited to see it! I will let you know how many activities get done before I leave, it is so bittersweet. 
Cheers! 
Amanda

No comments: